Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Where We Are Now

While Mr. EBB and I wait for the sellers to contemplate our credit request, I'll let you see where we currently reside. These pictures are from when we moved in three years ago--no way would I show pictures now with all the crowded mess! Three years is by far the longest either Mr. EBB or I have lived anywhere since graduating from high school and moving into the dorms. When we do move out, I'm sure I'll be finding lots of lost earrings and pens!

This is the view from the balcony. We're on the third floor in the corner, so we only share one wall. Definitely a plus!
Here you can see the main living area. The front door leads into a hallway that immediately opens into the dining area and then the kitchen. The kitchen table and chairs are a nice find off Craigslist--yay for solid wood over Ikea particle board!
This was taken in the "office" area looking toward the living room. You can see the sofa that's opposite the love seat that was visible in the previous picture. The sliding glass doors (best part of the apartment) lead onto the balcony. We get great afternoon sun. The closet in the den is where we store all our camping stuff. On the back wall (imagine turning 180 from the perspective of this picture) is now the wedding gift wall--you can see it in the masthead for the blog. :)

The kitchen--note the lack of dishwasher and the dated cabinets, stove, and countertop. (The fridge and microwave are opposite.) I really don't mind doing dishes, but I am looking forward to having more than 2 feet of countertop. Although I have pulled out some pretty impressive meals out of that kitchen, if I do say so myself.

Here's most of the bathroom. It's really not a bad size, and it has decent storage. There's also a linen closet.

I'm so proud of Mr. EBB for making the bed before he took these pictures. My dresser is on the other side of the bed, and there is a closet that spans the whole opposite wall. The wedding gift wall has spilled over to the windows by Mr. EBB's dresser, and his "good" bike lives there now too. (The "okay" bike lives in the apartment complex bike room.)

All in all, it's really not a bad apartment. Our rent is about 1/3 what our mortgage payment would be, and our landlord will be re-renting the place for $600 (at least) more in rent than we pay, so we have a pretty good deal too. We also certainly can't complain about the location. But....it's an apartment. We can't paint the walls, we can't retile the bathroom, we can't update the kitchen (and boy does it need it). On the other hand, if the sink drips or the screen rips, one call gets it repaired, free. I think I'm ready to give that up though in exchange for building equity and exchanging a "this is decent enough" to "this feels like home."

No comments: