Sunday, July 13, 2008

In which I feel like a bad person!

Gah, I put my foot in my mouth!

(Don't worry, there's a happy ending.)

Mr. EBB went out for a run--we've both been so stressed over housebuying that we've both been working out a lot. As he was coming back, I heard him saying, "that's okay, thanks for the update. Bye [Realtor]." He hangs up, and I said, "NOW what ridiculous thing do those sellers want?" Mr. EBB laughed a bit and said I should take that back before he told me. Uh oh. Apparently, the sellers' new home has a pool, and they were out by the pool discussing our offer. The husband of the seller was getting out of the pool and he slipped, doubled over in pain, and had to be taken to the hospital. !!! So obviously they won't be responding to our offer until tomorrow, and their agent hoped we'd understand and not press the 10pm expiration.

I feel really bad about assuming the worst. I've been so focused on interest rates and furnaces and neighborhoods--health is so much more important. Our agent said the hospital didn't think it was a heart attack, but still. Priorities, priorities.

Does this mean the house is bad luck? I hope not--I'm starting to want it more and more.

No comments: