Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Updates

I've been a bad blogger.

But anyway, we're set to close on August 13! We're signing the loan documents on Thursday morning, and we've signed all the insurance paperwork. We have an insurance agent--I feel like such an adult. I just called PG&E, Comcast, and the trash company to start all those accounts, and I'm about to call the electrician and the roofer to schedule that work. My favorite part so far was picking out a phone number--we haven't had a landline in so long. I picked a number with a lot of 8s and 4s b/c I think those are lucky numbers.

We gave our 30 day notice on our apartment, and it's kind of fun to see it listed on Craiglist already. For $400 more a month than we're paying; $500 more a month that we started paying three years ago. That's a 35% increase in three years. I don't think they're going to get it, personally, but that's not really my business. Our landlord was nice and gave us the key to an empty storage room on our floor so we can put the boxes there as we pack. That helps us b/c it's not fun living amongst boxes, but it also helps them b/c a box-less apartment looks nicer for showing.

Mr. EBB is currently trying to figure out the final closing costs amount and how much money we'll need to deposit into escrow. The $7500 credit from the sellers is helpful, but it's still a huge number! I couldn't imagine being an escrow agent--it seems like such a stressful, demanding, "everyone is in a rush all the time" kind of job.

We're going to buy appliances this weekend. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know!

No comments: